Thursday, January 1, 2009

How I spent my time...

For the last several years, at the end of December, I take stock of my knitting and crocheting life and review what I've done, and what - sadly - I've left undone.

Here is 2008, in order, with clickable thumbnails leading to the original posts and some with patterns:

January:
Photobucket

Photobucket
February:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Photobucket
Photobucket

This year as I searched through past projects and designs, I realised that I had completed fewer projects than in the past 2 years. As many as ten fewer. It was also clear that my projects were both more professional, and more complex and that I had designed more.
March:
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
April:
Photobucket

One thing I really regret is that, although I took really good notes, I have not typed up many of my designs of this past year. Designs that I love, like Guinevere's Wedding Stockings, the Sensitive Man Socks, Jackie's Acorn Hat, To Sleep, and Scarlet Woman.

May: Nothing!

June:
Photobucket
Photobucket
July:

Photobucket
Photobucket

August:

Photobucket
Photobucket

September:

Photobucket
Photobucket

Because I was designing more, I also some design failures that were never recorded in my journal. One is a soft bulky cardigan that was meant as a gift, but is now headed to the frog pond... Another failing that has contributed to my shorter project list is that I've started several projects and not finished them. Just in recent memory there are two pairs of socks, one Lumpy Bumpy scarf, and Jewel, from Kim Hargreaves...
October:
Photobucket
November:
Photobucket
And, finally, my list of this past year's projects is scattered across 3 computers and two flash drives, so I may discover some more to add to this list in the next couple of days....
Photobucket - Malabrigo, black, not posted to blog
Photobucket - Malabrigo, black, not posted to blog

Lumpy Bumpy Scarf - Farmhouse Yarns Lumpy Bumpy hot rose (not photographed)

Lumpy Bumpy Scarf
- Farmhouse Yarns Lumpy Bumpy red & green (not photographed)

December:
Photobucket

Photobucket

My resolutions are for more completed projects and more formal pattern-making of my original designs in the coming year. (But I've never been very faithful to New Year resolutions...)
Happy New Year, friends!

2 comments:

LizzieK8 said...

Do you keep notes on Ravelry as you work on your projects? I've found discipling myself to do this has eliminated so many headaches when I need to replicate an item like socks for my son that lives in TN and isn't here to try them on.

It's a nice trade off, though. Advancing your skills instead of mass production. I tend to do more of the mass production as much of my stuff is for charity and quantity is sometimes more important than creativity!

Nice year's work!

Unraveling Sophia said...

I keep my notes, drawings, and pictures in my design notebooks and use my Ravelry notebook to record details to share with others.

I do charity knitting too and run a knitting drive every winter at my work - I make hats and mittens for elementary children in need. But I have a hard time making two alike LOL! I'm always trying out different ideas and designs!