Sunday, January 6, 2008

Washy

This is what happens when somebody asks me to make them washcloths! Meet...
Washy a happy bright little softy, abrasive only in the best way....

washcloth 1 08

Washy is made from Tahki Stacy Charles' new yarn called "Party" - a loopy baby yarn in cotton blend. I used size 9 needles, as recommended on the ball band, and a simple garter stitch. The embroidery is done with cotton yarns.

Party comes in 91 yard balls and I used about two-thirds of the one ball I bought. I got mine at Patternworks. They have a website: www.patternworks.com if you want to invite some Washys into your own house.

Other face cloths completed over the post-Christmas break:

face cloths folded

1. a gold sunburst

2. a lavender garter stitch ribbing

3. a vareigated magenta feather and fan stitch

4. a bright orange garter stich with eyelet edge

face cloths 07

All of these cloths were made from Filata diCrosi Millefili Fine mercerized cotton - my favorite cotton yarn (I've even knit socks from this!). Patterns 1 and 3 can be found by searching Ravelry patterns. Patterns 2 and 4 were my own spur-of-the-moment invention.

I'm now happily busy making dish towels for this same person (my little sister), at her request:

dishcloths yarn swift 1 08
I hope these match her kitchen!

4 comments:

Briley said...

washy is so cute! I will have to look for that yarn when I'm at PW next.

Unraveling Sophia said...

Hi! :D This yarn is in the baby section at PW.... most of the colours were pastels, but there are a couple brights...

Anonymous said...

Washy is adorable!

Unraveling Sophia said...

thank you! :D