Sunday, January 25, 2009

Cold Heart

...just so you know, my furnace died at 10 pm last night - the coldest night of the year so far - and the friendly furnace man just installed a new motor in it right now at 8:30 this morning. It was so cold that the butter froze to the counter and a thin glaze of ice formed in the kitchen sink. Even the fireplace made only limited inroads on this bone-cracking cold.

Right now, the heat is slowly (too slowly) rising, and I am huddled on the couch wearing a cashmere sweater, a flannel shirt, a down vest, a hat, a heating pad on high, a down blanket, and a cat (a very cold, unhappy cat!). and drinking hot, hot, hot chocolate!

I'm here to tell you that I now know why knitting wasn't invented by the cave men. It's not possible to knit when your fingers are frozen to each other. All I can think about is eating because my body is in desperate survival mode all focused on keeping the cold heart beating!

But, interestingly, a new design idea has popped into my head for a sweater/vest called Cold Heart. I even have the yarn for it already. I can't take a picture of my design for you, because I left my phone cable at my boyfriend's house. And that's the same reason that I can't show you my beautiful copy of A Stitch In Time, or show you which designs from the new Rowan I want to make, or display my newly finished Leyburns (which, sadly, were also left at the bf's).

The good news: I cleaned, from 6 am to 8 am, because that was the only thing that warmed me up! Now I'm off to make a grilled cheese sandwich for breakfast. My body tells me that this is good food when you are frozen.

Photobucket

1 comment:

Vic-Jo-Rob said...

You poor dear. Cleaning?! You are a better woman than I.I would have been sleeping, with my head under the covers.