Thursday, April 27, 2006

Cheshire cat knitting

Will I look like the Cheshire Cat?

So..... I've been knitting this Shrug:
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

with this handpainted loopy mohair that I got at the Sheep and Wool Fair last year and its coming out much more stripy than I thought it would. It really makes me think of the purple striped Cheshire Cat in Disney's Alice in Wonderland Here's a pic of the WIP... you can see that I'm making the sleeves longer than the pattern says. I'm also making them belled sleeves, and about 3/4 length - down between my elbow and wrist. .... So I'm wondering...do you think I'll look like the Chesire Cat when I wear this? I was trying for charmingly artsy!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Last night I made a wonderful surprise! I discovered and Harry Potter Crafts (Yahoo Group)! What wonderful things folks are making!! Its so inspiring and makes me wish I had more time and more time and more time... I'd love to make that big crazy crocheted sweater that Mrs. Weazley was wearing in HPCOS!

No comments: