Saturday, March 26, 2011

Baby Sherlock

I posted here a little while ago, when I finished my Sign of the Four cashmere socks. I loved them so much and had so much yarn left over, I decided to make a pair for the little guy. I'm almost finished with those, and can't wait to show them off:

Photobucket

They might look kind of big for a baby, but his feet are only 5 inches long and mine are only about 8.5 inches long so they just look big by comparison. He really is just a little squish!

These socks (his, not mine) are going to have suede moccasin bottoms on them, so that he can wear them around the house to keep his feet warm now that he's toddling - or even at friends' houses. He really motors when he has a goal in view!

I just can't describe how incredibly soft this yarn is once it's blocked! The cashmere really makes a big difference - they're divine on the feet! The yarn is Zen Yarn Garden Serenity Sock. I want to find more of this in my favorite colours - greens and blues. I only have it from kits: one had a bright gold/yellow and this one with the nice reddish brown (called Hound of the Baskervilles). I do love the brown, but would be crazy about about a blue-green.

Photobucket

My goal this weekend is to finish up some projects that are almost done, so I can start some new projects. I have two Pickles sweaters on the needles for the little guy, and of course the Miss Marple Shawl. But I'd love to make many more pairs of baby socks!

No comments: