Thursday, December 8, 2011

Silence in the Snowy Fields....

Photobucket

Well, we don't have snow yet - we got rain instead - but we do have silence!

I have been stymied as what to post because I am knitting on nothing but Christmas presents. And those are, you know, secret.

And I'm not doing very well with them either. How could my knitting mojo pack up and fly south with the talkative V-shaped Geese migrations? Honk! Honk! Honk! they shout overhead, and I look up and see my inspirations flying away like ribbons behind the birds.

I do truly want to knit for everyone I know. Socks, Hats, Fingerless Gloves, Shawls, Scarves, Balaclavas, Cowls... alas, nada. nul. nothing. I think I'm doing only 3 gift projects this year. Unless I get in my butt in gear.

One project I can show you because the recipient doesn't read here. Here is the Bloomsbury Saroyan scarf in Madeline Tosh Pashmina, colour: Bloomsbury:

Photobucket

I've made this pattern several times. Knit side to side, it is easily modified to suit your purpose - scarf, shawl, shawlette - and is fast simple and easy! Its a free pattern on Ravelry and one I go back to again and again.

Photobucket

I plan to put little soft pompoms on the ends, maybe today!

But for now, I am cooking cinnamon buns instead:

Photobucket

1 comment:

AdrieneJ said...

I'm afraid I am a bit too selfish to knit for others this time of year. All this cold weather just inspires me to knit up all the warm projects I've been waiting to knit! I did knit a Saroyan for my mom not long ago, and I agree: lovely pattern, simple, elegant and very impressive!