Sunday, December 19, 2010

Recipe - Chocolate Dipped Pretzels

I'm back as promised with a picture of my chocolate-dipped pretzels. I'm bringing them to a holiday party today, so I hope they are enjoyed!

I found this treat box in the Rite Aid Drug Store - the perfect size to make these into a gift!

Photobucket

I'll repeat the recipe here, too, so that it's easy to find later...

Photobucket

Chocolate Dipped Pretzels

You need baking chocolate (I use dark chocolate - bittersweet), salted pretzel rods, and a variety of sprinkles.

Melt the chocolate and don't over-heat it or it will clump.

Roll the top half of the pretzel rod in the melted chocolate

Then, roll it in various sprinkles. I am using chocolate jimmies (because you can never have enough chocolate), gold flakes, and chopped blanched almonds (I love almonds!).

Carefully set them on wax paper or parchment paper to firm up. Some people put them in the refrigerator. Store them loosely, 3 at a time, in plastic or cellophane bags, tied with pretty ribbon.

No comments: