Saturday, July 26, 2008

The Sensitive Man

I'm nearing the finish of my new design, The Sensitive Man socks. This is more of the Panda Silk yarn - it just feels so good, both to knit and to wear.

Photobucket

The picture shows this big man's sock on my little sock blocker, so it's not really stretched neatly or anything, but you can begin to see where I'm headed with this. In addition to using a yarn that's amazingly soft on the foot, I've creating a shape that hugs the arch of the foot so there won't be any shifting around that could cause blisters. There's a simple smooth stitch for both the foot and the heel and a calf-hugging rib on the leg. All in all, I think this will keep Brodie's sensitive feet feeling nice and cosy!

In other news, I received my July shipment of the Blue Moon Fiber Arts Rockin' Sock Club yarn...Goody Goody.

WARNING: SPOILER BELOW!!!
...

.....

......

.......


.........

...........

.............

.................


.....................

..........................

...............................


......................................

Ta Da!!!! "Goody Goody" (It looks like Sweet Tarts to me, or Sherbert Fizz, or Gumdrops, or those Candy Necklaces...)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

There is a fair amount of controversy about this month's colourway. Some people are calling it "pastel" and some don't like pastels....others see it as a sweet progression from light to darker shades and have fallen in love with it. I'm wondering how it would stripe if I used a plain stockinette stitch with it? The colours in my particular skein are clear and bright and would look lovely as a rainbow bright kind of stripe...

Only Time will tell. I have so many designs on the needles and hooks right now, I can't keep up! :)

5 comments:

Nad said...

:) he he, I must admit- this would probably be too pastel for me too! :) What kind of pattern goes with it? It is a pretty combination though.

Unraveling Sophia said...

Two sock patterns came with it - a simple lacey anklet and a lovely patterned sock called "Gumdrops"!

Lindsay said...

I'm not a fan of pastels... but I really like the colorway of that. Definitely post some pictures of how it works up!

Teresa said...

That is the most delicious colour of yarn I have ever seen. Full stop.
Oh yeah, very sweet-tart-candy-fizzy-sugary-fun-like. I'm not sure I'd call it pastel, really. Although, it's sort of borderline, and I could definitely see how someone would classify it as that.

Laura said...

hi,
nice socks!!
i'm drlaura, blogger for Crystal Palace yarns, hCPYsocksandmore
and i'd love to post your great men's sock pic and link to you?
proflaura@firststepinternet.com

thanks!