Tuesday, July 22, 2008

more than once in a blue moon...

It seems like all I'm doing is flashing my stash enhancement, but I can state most definitely that I am designing and knitting! I've just caught the Blue Moon Fiber Arts bug and want every single colourway they have!

Photobucket

From left to right, they are: Calico, Smokey Topaz, Socktopus, and Rocky Horror.

These skeins came from Purlescense, a yarn shop in California. I heard (the wonders of Ravelry) that they had some colours that aren't currently on the BMFA website, and had to call them. They were very very very nice, and beforeyou know it these lovely yarns were right beside me, all the way across the country!

I've joined the Ravelympics for Team Blue Moon and plan to use the Smokey Topaz for a little lace shoulder triangle or scarf.

As for actual knitting, I'm designing another pair of silk socks, this time for a man, called Sensitive Man Socks. My sister's bf has really sensitive feet and I'm making these socks to deal with all those things that can make sock-wearing a comfy experience, rather than the opposite: a soft yarn, a stitch without bumps, a clingy arch, and a snug cuff. There're almost ready to photograph, so you'll see them very soon! :)

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love the colors you picked! Thanks for sharing this beautiful yarns with us.