Sunday, October 22, 2006

"Eat slugs, Malfoy!"

ahhhhhh.....this is a picture of me, tonight:

comfy robe, slippers, ginger ale, and Pepto Bismol.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

and I'm watching the Chamber of Secrets. So when Ron said "Eat slugs, Malfoy!" my insides heaved along....yikes. I do have the tummywumbles... up all last night {sigh}... and on a diet, as you see, of ginger and pep.

a friend did a little errand for me though, to the LYS and came back with this!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

My LYS, thinking their order of Koigu would never come (its been 6 months), ordered a similar hand-dyed yarn based on Louet Gems Merino Pearl from Claudia Co (www.claudiaco.com). I got Black Walnut - a very bloody red and black - and Jungle, a verdant shade, as you can see. Also new for me today is One Skein Wonders, a new book that will help me use those single skeins I've been hoarding... {grin}.

All day I've been resting and knitting, knitting and resting, (ok, I've watched TV too and am dying to tell you who won Project Runway, but I won't in case you haven't seen it. But I did cry throughout the last episode!) and have some fine results! Here are two secret surprises that I won't reveal until later! But both are my own original designs... (sorry, deliberately fuzzy to protect the suspense!)

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Next knitting project for me: Christmas Stockings a la Dr. Suess!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

...along with the Professor's Shawl and Holly's gloves of course, and the Hedwig Owl Gloves for the Leaky Crafts....I've already done all the designing and planning for each of these projects, and have the yarn...it just takes a while to actually knit them...

oh dear. more slugs. must go and lie down more...no playing on the computer tonight, I'm afraid.

No comments: