Friday, September 16, 2005

This evening I'm all about cotton crochet

Welcome to my new knitting blog! I am an obsessed knitter and corcheter, living in an old house in the Northeast US. I've been crocheting since I was five and knitting for about five years...


Tonight I've been reading Buddhist texts and finishing up a capelet for the
Silver-Apples Fall Collection. Here's the capelet; its called "chocolate".



Pattern:


Chain 29 stitches and continue with any design, stiches, and colours that take your fancy until you have reached 150 stiches...
Pretty random, I know... great fun to make though...very Zen...



Here's the Buddhist part of my evening...


Practice Love, Give Joy, and Protection

Arouse your will, supreme and great,
Practice love, give joy and protection;
Let your giving be like space,
Without discrimination or limitation.


Do good things, not for your own sake
But for all the beings in the universe;
Save and make free everyone you encounter,
Help them attain the wisdom of the way.


-Prajnaparamita


Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Buddha said: "Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it, unless it agrees with your own reason and your own common sense."

No comments: