Thursday, February 7, 2008

Chinese New Year!

Happy Chinese New Year! I hope that the Year of the Rat brings you great happiness and prosperity. After all, those born in "rat years" are forthright, generous, easy going, and quick-witted, so we can all expect the next year to embody those traits too.

I'm celebrating the Chinese New Year in my own quiet way with Hatsune...

hatsume

Hatsune is a tea blend from Japan blended by Lupicia Teas especially for the New Year celebrations, as you can tell by the pretty label with its iconic cherry blossoms. Here is a close-up, so you can see how spectacular this blend is:

hatsume closeup

It is comprised of Japanese green tea, toasted brown rice, black tea, Japanese red basil leaf, soybeans, and azuki beans! The flavour is mild, earthy, and rich like a broth. I'm finding it very restorative...

I'm almost finished with Argyley, my winter scarf for Brodie - this afternoon should do it! It's very long now; much longer than this photo shows, which was taken at Christmas...

argyley two

1 comment:

Nad said...

mmmh, this tea looks very yummy- and I love the artwork on the tin too- I have a thing for genmaicha. They do not carry it in local tea stores though, apparently not everyone loves it around here. Love the blue willow tea cup too! :) Happy New Year!